Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scarfs on the List

Two of the granddaughters wanted a scarf for Christmas and so I made a couple of them. Lex wanted a "Sparkle Scarf" and I was unsure of what that meant, so I just bought some yarn that had glittery edging  and was a bright color.
I think she likes it and her mom sent this cute picture of her wearing it to school the next day, so I'd say she got her Sparkle Scarf. It is bright pink and basically looks red unless you put it up against a real red and then you can see that it could be pink.
She looks cute in it.

Elles is the other granddaughter that had a scarf on her list, and she apparently borrows her mothers each time she enters her closet, so her mom told me a grownup scarf was requested.
I always have some yarn that I can use for a small project, and so I pulled this neutral/ yet semi-colorful yarn out and made a cable knit scarf for her.
 It's a 24 stitch double cable that I found online and I just surrounded it with a garter stitch that is 5 stitches wide on both ends so that the edges didn't roll.  I  didn't make it very long - it's about 24 inches long by 8 inches wide,  so it will be able to not drag or get caught when she is playing. (She is just 4 years old anyway (almost))
The scarf is then folded over with ends overlapping asymmetrically and then sewn closed with a shank type button for decoration.
 She loves it and it looks really cute on her.

1 comment:

  1. They are so lucky to have you for a grandma. (Not just for your talents, of course.)

    But they don't hurt!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete