Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hashtag Quilt

I got the patterns for a few simple quilts done by Camille Roskelly and decided that this one would be a great place to start. The design uses 2.5 inch "jelly roll" from any line and I chose a cute little old fashioned line by Moda called Chloe's Closet.  Reminds me of my Grandma Kelly, or her kitchen, or something there about.
I had some white on white floralesque fabric that I thought would set it off well and so "a cutting we went." A lot of 2.5 inch strips (which a jelly roll comes prepped for) and 7 - 9.5 inch lengths cut then it was all ready to sew.

All sewn together with 2.5 inch white borders and then a 5 inch floral all the way around.
 A little machine embroidery for the inscription on the back of the quilt with a little information sets it off well.
 I took the quilt into my standard long arm quilter Jenny at Finally Finished Quilts. We decided with the playful geometrics and 1930's style floral fabrics, a nice little flower quilted all over the quilt would compliment it well.  Turned out just right.
Keeping me warm while watching a little television in our outdoor living room. This is the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment