Sunday, August 3, 2014

Kitchen Ideas and Confussion

I've been obsessing over what type of stove/oven/range I want in a new kitchen we are planning and feel like I want a 48" range. It seems more confusing with more education on the subject and so I haven't really settled on a final decision yet, but here are some of the pros and cons according to my apparent wants and needs.

1.  I really like the look of a colored range in leu of a stainless steel look, but the colored ones are either too expensive to think it would be worth it, too boxy and untested, or somewhat unavailable.

2.  Most of the 48" ranges have a 30 inch oven as well as a small oven although the expensive colored one has a small oven that the company claims will fit lots of food so I shouldn't worry about that.

3. As part of the stove top, I have been interested in a French plaque which is a large cast iron flat unit that is hot in the center and gradually moves through cooler temperatures as it reaches the outer rings of the unit. The concept is really great in my eyes, but I really have no idea if it works any different or easy than a regular gas unit.
Anyway... a few of the stove tops have one of these, and I think I'd like to have one, but don't really know.

4.  A couple of the ranges come with a warming oven, which would be nice as then I wouldn't need to place a warming oven elsewhere in the kitchen.

5. One of the ranges also has a steam oven which I also have been investigating and if I don't get that range, I do think I'll get a wall steam oven.


Now onto a couple ideas I took pictures of while I was at the home show in St George, Utah.
I want to place these pictures on my Pinterest board, and this is the only way I knew how to do it.
 I really liked this wood island top. The Hubby isn't so sure he thinks it is a good idea, but I think if it is finished well it should be similar to the kitchen table and that is easy to keep looking good.
So, just thinking about it anyway.
 These glass kitchen cabinets have glass shelves that allow the light to go all the way down to the bottom. The front edges are finished with beautiful wood trim so that it shows well through the full glass door.
 Here is another shot of the cabinet. I like the finish and the full glass.
The herringbone backsplash is cool.

We are in the planning mode around here, so just getting good ideas and trying to formulate what we want the kitchen to look like. My Pinterest board is here. Your advise or opinions are welcome.
Thanks for listening.

I'm adding a couple pictures so I can put them on my Pinterest board.
Bottom Base width 84"
Depth 27"
Height 11"

Top piece width 64"
Total height 67"



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with; you are so good at this sort of thing...

    =)

    ReplyDelete