Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Good Fonts

So I was thinking I could find some fun(d)ky fonts and express myself with them, but there are only about 6 at my disposal here, and they are kinda boring and all similar. Oh well, I guess I'll have to write something more poignant because it isn't as cute as I wanted. My forte doesn't lie with creative writing so bear with me. I at least spell and punctuate fairly legibly, so I guess that's a good thing.

I wanted to show off some of the knitting that I have made this past year and thought I'd start with a few pictures. There are so many cute blogs out there in the creative knitting and scrapbooking community that I've been eyeing. I know I can't be proficient yet so I'll just dive in and start posting, then maybe when I learn a little more I'll be able to change it around.

This lacy shawl was my first lace project and I also used beading in it. I still think I need a new solid colored dress to wear it with.  The shawl took me about a month and a half which is quite a long time for me to spend on a project and I got a little
tired of it by the last week or so.  I generally do one project at a
time so I don't have to use too many brain cells when I pick it up. I didn't get anything else done for the entire 6 weeks which was a little hard for me. 

Pictured with my sisters who came to town to celebrate my 50th birthday, I am in the middle wearing the steel blue shawl.  

The pattern that I used is from Vogue Knitting magazine Holiday 2007 issue, page 94 . 
Misti Alpaca lace weight yarn in a dusty blue is the yarn of choice.

1 comment:

  1. i love your blogskie mama! you better keep up with it & not get burned out too quickly. i get a kick out of the knitting jargon too. :) kisses*

    ReplyDelete