Friday, September 28, 2012

Shuttle Pass

I do realize that I'm a bit late in the posting of this news event, about 1 week late to be exact, but I still think it's worth remembering.
Last Friday I was out in the back yard talking to the pool contractor who was finishing up the outdoor pool feature when I noticed a big white plane out of the corner of my eye. It had a small dark plane very close to it and that is what I was noticing.
Then… I looked at it.  I saw that it was the space shuttle "Endeavor" being piggybacked on a 747 jet liner and being accompanied by a little fighter jet. I got so excited and hollered at the pool guy to come and look. The jet was flying low and slowly down the South Bay where we live.
I had heard that it took off from Florida at the beginning of the week on it's way to a museum for its new home, but I didn't know it was going through the Bay Area.
  All the shuttles and the whole shuttle space program is being retired.
 This google map shows the route from Sacramento through the San Francisco then down to over Moffet Field and over the Hodgman house to LA area.
 Pretty cool huh?
I, of course, didn't have my camera and so I just looked online and found all these.
It was a beautiful amazing site.
The children in our local Daves Avenue Elementary School were expecting it's flyover and so they were all outside waiting to see it.
Apparently they all started chanting, "USA, USA, USA" and it was all spontaneous.
What a great country they all know they live in.
Again … pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment