So, over the past few years I've made them stockings as they added to their family with yarn that I purchased in bulk to begin the project with a questionable completion date and quantity. Last year was Ellery's first Christmas and this post was about her new stocking.
Another new baby was added this year and the Mommy wanted a plainer stocking with just a couple colors, white polka dots, and a short stumpy stature.
Here is the base of the sock, nearly finished.
Now, with the polka dots added. I first tried to crochet white circles and sew them onto the shell, but that wasn't what the designer (K) had in mind, so I did duplicate stitched circles on the sock and that was just right for her. Not too hard, not to soft, but just right.
I also like the added strings of pompoms. I should get a picture with them hanging from their mantle. Maybe tomorrow.