Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yikes - My Baby is 30!

Yes my second child has turned the big 3-0. I think they'll all be there in no time at all, but it still is pretty unbelievable to me that I am old enough for this to be happening. (Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!)

Our David has been a pleasure in our lives. He hasn't ever given us much trial as a child, grief as a teenager, or angst as an adult. He is just generally a good boy and easy to be around.
Thanks son!
 I thought the "Simpsons" card I found was pretty good, but Stephanie had been holding out on us to give his this great musical Star Wars card.

David was the object of a post a few months ago as he started working for Google, but now as well as a birthday to celebrate, I need to update his job status.
As a Google employee he was really not a Google employee, but instead was a contractor for Google through another company. The long term stability had him a little worried, so when Men's Wearhouse called and asked if he was still available for a corporate job working with the real estate division of the company, he answered in the affirmative.
They hired him and although he was a little reticent to leave Google and the best job he's had to date, he took them up on the offer and he started this week. They give him back all his earned benefits, and let him  back on the insurance plan he originally had along with some other perks. Congrats!
Good luck at Men's Wearhouse V-2.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that was a hard decision to make, but it seems like a practical one. Congrats to him!

    And my oldest son will turn 37 this year. Now THAT is freaky!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete