Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Yarn...


I took pictures and cataloged about 40 different yarns onto my "Ravelry" site a couple of days ago. 
My conclusion is that I have enough yarn to knit for 3 hours each day for the next 2 years and not have to buy more. 
My 2 years supply is up and running .... if only I don't have to eat for that amount of time. 
For the next month however I am sewing more dresses for granddaughters,  finishing a couple gifts for other babies, two chairs upholstered and Michael's Indian costume for "Sadies".  I'll just have to be glad it is all cataloged and I have it in front of me so that I won't buy any more. (Well not as much anyway.) The goal I have made for myself is to not buy one new project until I have finished 3 projects between purchases. MAYBE I can abide by my new rule?????

I did finish another Easter dress (Lena's) as well as a summer dress for Ellery. Here is a picture of E's new dress. Kathryn, Austin and I bought an eyelet lace diaper cover in Brussels when we were there in October '08 and it will go well with this little dress. Made with lavender/white checks and another fabric with lavender flowers, it also has a couple different eyelet trims and an under slip with eyelet trim. I finished it with a little flower pin made with silk roses and beaded petal flowers with gathered ginham lace circlets. I also made a burp rag to match as well as a smaller clip flowerette for her hair.  So fun! I hope it fits her well in the right season.



1 comment:

  1. Your family is so lucky to benefit from your sewing skills, which are definitely a cut above. That dress is darling!

    I also wanted to congratulate you for being one of the winners of my book giveaway. I already have your address, so keep your eyes open. I'll be sending them out a week from today.

    =)

    PS. Hope you like our book, and thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete