Thursday, December 29, 2011

Smocked Skirt

I wanted to make something a bit more grown up for Lexy this Christmas, yet still have it go along with a dress that I had made a couple years ago which Lena was going to wear this year. So... I decided to still use the same type of smocking and have it go along the waist line of a dupioni silk skirt instead of a little girls style dress.
I took it to Hawaii in November and worked on the smocking while we were on vacation.
 The smocking matches the older dress beautifully.
Because it is for a little larger child and I thought ruffles in a bustle down the back would be cute, I just had the smocking go 3/4 way around the skirt and then I added the ruffles with elastic at the back waist.
 Here is the cute girl now in the skirt with a ruffly black sweater and silky shell underneath. I made a little yo-yo pin out of the silver dupioni to put on the sweater.


And little sister is precious in the cranberry silk dress that the skirt goes well with. I added a couple of grow strips on the dress, because her legs are a little shorter than her older sisters and the dress was too long.
Cute girls all wrapped up in Christmas attire.

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented! What beautiful dresses on such adorable little girls! I hope you guys had a terrific Christmas!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are gorgeous...the girls and the outfits. Lexy is so grown up now. what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful skirt, and I love the red dress, too.
    Your skills as a seamstress never fail to amaze me.

    =)

    ReplyDelete