Monday, September 3, 2012

Pillowcase Dresses

Talking about making some easy little pillowcase sundresses for the granddaughters since spring, I finally made the first one for July 4th.
Lex had asked me to make her something for the 4th because both her sibs had something red/white/blue and she didn't. Perfect opportunity for a summer frock, I thought.
 So I made a little pillowcase sundress for her and put a little embroidered rocket on the front, rick rack around the hemline and stars and stripes ribbon for the neckline ties. We went to the beach and celebrated a friends 60th birthday and David's family came along for the day. It was a cool one at the coast, but we had fun.
I really didn't take any pictures of it and I need to really start taking more shots of the construction of these things.
I looked at a tutorial from a pretty nice website that you could find here if you'd like.
 A couple weeks later I made the other girls each a dress. L-2's is black and white with a little pink thrown in for interest. I have a bunch of b/w fat quarters that made for a nice assortment, and the animal print is a leftover from a baby blanket made long ago. (I think I made it for a baby girl that is now 17 years old)


 This one has a bow made of one of the main fabrics, that ties in the back.

A rick rack flower pin was made to go either near the hem, or anywhere she pleases.
All happy and ready for pre-school. I bought the matching leggings at Costco. I love Costco.
 I sent the Colorado girls a couple of them too. Coke's is a 8 x fat quarters juvenile prints one.
 Ells is little girls on swings fabric. Don't you love how the little one looks to her big sis for an example? So cute.
 Coordinating fabric and a closer look at the swing in the trees.
These dresses were pretty simple to make and they should be able to wear them for years. The dresses will grow as they get shorter, but won't be too small.
An old retro addition to a little girls summer wardrobe.

2 comments: